A simple caesarean section went horribly wrong for a 33-year-old woman after she contracted a rare and deadly bacterial infection.
Vaishali Sawant, a Nalasopara resident, was admitted to Cama and Albless Hospital in CST a month ago after she experienced premature labour pangs. Her husband Sandeep recounted that she never recovered from her surgery and eventually contracted the strain of Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) bacteria in the hospital environs.
News on maternal health
This is a collection of news clippings from differnt newspapers on maternal health